1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files with small pieces of data — like a username and password — that are used to identify your computer as you use a computer network. Specific cookies known as HTTP cookies are used to identify specific users and improve your web browsing experience.
NickHelper.com uses two types of cookies session cookie and persistent cookie.
A “session” cookie is one that generally expires when you close your web browser or mobile application. A “persistent” cookie is one that remains in your device, even after you close your browser or mobile application. A persistent cookie expires according to the duration set by us (or when you delete it manually). Learn more on Wikipedia.
You may remove or disable cookies through your browser settings. For more information on how to manage your cookie options, please see Section 5 of this Cookie Statement below.
We use the information we receive from cookies and other locally stored data to make your experience with the NickHelper.com better, to gain a greater understanding of user preferences and interactions with the NickHelper.com, and to generally improve our services.
- Provide you with a personalized experience, such as using cookies to know your language preference, to remember the user preferences you set so we can provide you with the customized look and feel that you want, and to tell you about interesting NickHelper.com issues and events in your area.
- Understand how you use the NickHelper.com across different devices, so that we can make our varied NickHelper.com more efficient and effective for you.
- Make the NickHelper.com more convenient to use, such as by using cookies to maintain your session when you log in or to remember your username in the login field.
3. What types of cookies does NickHelper.com use?
The cookies and other locally stored data technologies used by the NickHelper.com generally fall into the following categories:
Functionality: These cookies help the NickHelper.com work, including essential features like logging in or voting nicknames and comments.
Preferences: These cookies store your preferences, so that they can be remembered the next time you use the NickHelper.com.
Performance and Analysis: These cookies collect information about how you use the NickHelper.com, so that we can better understand how the NickHelper.com work and improve them for you and other users.
Third-Party: These cookies allow us to render services provided by third parties, such as “like” and “share” buttons, ads and other services. When a third party provides these kinds of services, they may require the use of a cookie in order to provide their services.
We show only non-personalized ads to users in the EEA.
This Website installs the following cookies:
|name_post_comments||Number of comments posted by you||Own|
|name_post_gender||History of your gender vote||Own|
|name_post_rating||History of your post votes||Own|
|submit_nick_names||Number of nicknames submitted by you||Own|
|european_cookies||Cookies agreement status||Own|
|Google Analytics cookies||Read more: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=en|
|Google Adsense cookies||Displaying ads|
Third-party cookies allow us to render services provided by third parties, such as “like” and “share” buttons, ads and other services. When a third party provides these kinds of services, they may require the use of a cookie in order to provide their services.
Read also “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” at policies.google.com
5. What are my cookie options?
- Remove or disable specific locally stored data on your browser’s settings;
- Use a browser that can block third-party cookies;
- Install a plug-in to block locally stored data, if one is available; or just
6. Where can I find more information?
Please note that in the event of any differences in meaning or interpretation between the original English version of this document and a translation, the original English version takes precedence.